Which earring holder should I get?
Which earring holder should I choose?
Great question! We started with just the one standing earring holder, then realised you're not all clones of each other. You have your own style! And you have your own earring storage needs! So, let's break it down below.
What kinds of earrings do you wear?
1. Mainly studs: Our wooden classic boards (our best-seller example here!) cater to studs, larger hoops (top and bottom of boards) and some hooks. We say some, because most hooks generally do, but there are some shepherd hooks around that are thick wired, are very stiff or have a sharp bend that may not fit. Our original boards aim to safely hold even the tiniest of studs and cater to various sizes of earring backs, so we've got a special hole size that works for the majority of our customers - you can place super-bent hooks across the top of the board if you only have a few, but please don't force or bend your earring in! Our standard boards were made so you can play Earring Tetris to find the best configuration for fitting your unique collection! Check out our Instagram for some pictures of earrings on each of our boards or email us if you're unsure.
2. A mixture. If you have a mixture of earring types including studs, regular hooks, hoops, huggies, tight shepherd hooks, clip-ons etc., consider our Multi-Style Earring Holders. While our classic holders do work well for most collections, the Multi-Style holders have gaps in the board to allow for manoeuvring various styles, small huggies or sharper hooks into place.
3. I'm earring obsessed and looking for an easy-drop solution: Our new adjustable earring holders were created so that you would put your earring back on before you store your earring, rather than during, helping make keeping organised a cinh! While plenty of our customers still prefer the classic earring boards that allow them to determine their own storage layout, our easy-drop boards have predetermined locations for pairs - but they're truly customisable to suit even the largest of collections.
How many pairs do you have?
Our Mini sizes hold from 13-40 pairs if you fill every hole (less if you have larger earrings that cover the holes!). Our Mid sizes are perfect for the everyday collection that might consist of some studs and larger earrings - they hold around 100 pairs or allow for some growth in your collection! Mega holders are for the larger-style earrings or the earring obsessed! Due to the number of holes we can fit on our standard boards, these ones are able to hold the most (Megas can hold up to 234 pairs!).
HOT TIP: you will probably buy more earrings in your lifetime, so it's always great to cater for future purchases AND you'll probably have more earrings than you realise when you start to organise! Oh, the amount of customers who come back saying they didn't realise how many they actually had!
Lastly, do you have dresser space?
Pick whether you'd like your holder on your dresser/bedside table. If you'd like a clutter-free bench space, a hanging holder is your best bet! If you're renting and don't want anything on the wall, consider an over-the-door hook from Kmart or a 3M hook! We've included product measurements so you can work out what's best for your space.
Check out customer pics on our Instagram page for all the different types that fit into our holders.
How do I arrange my earrings?
Congratulations of your new addition! You're well on your way to eliminating accessory-mess stress! Here are a few quick tips to fast track your way there!
- place your smallest earrings at the top and working your way down the board, increasing in size
- arrange your earrings in themes or colours (we promise it will bring a sense of super-dooper earring calm and this will help you not to double-up on colours/styles!)
- pop larger dangly earrings off the bottom rows of hanging holders to prevent them covering other holes or off the sides of Bunny-Nose holders
- double your space and double up your hooks in the one hole of compatible boards (Multi-Styles/Adjustable Boards)
OMG where are all the pictured earrings from?
Believe it order not, they don’t all belong to Clare :) We love using customer pictures throughout the site to give you heaps of earlobe candy to drool over and stacks of earring brands can be found if you tap on images on our Insta page. Alternatively, if you’ve got a specific earring you want, send us an email and Clare will employ her earring-brand-wizard-memory skills to work out where they’re from!
Will my teenie tiny studs fall through the holes?
We have kept the holes in our standard boards compatible with any earrings that are larger than 3mm so please measure your earrings if you're unsure - perhaps a jewellery box might be safest for the teenie fine ones. We do have our jewellery cases and a new item coming shortly that will cater to finer studs.
Do your earring holders fit butterfly pinch pins?
Yes! So long as the post is no thicker than 3mm for wooden boards - otherwise our easy-drop adjustable earring holders will be your best bet - they're made of fine metal and we even have an add-on pin bar for the mega size! Our wood earring holders are 4mm thick so the post just needs to be longer than that to fit your clasp on the back.